Let me start off by saying that these air fryer chicken wings are so good that I made them two days in a row. They are juicy, yet crispy, and packed with flavor. Not only that, but you can have this ready in under 30 minutes!
You can achieve the same crispiness by oven baking and deep frying but this is the best alternative as it makes the least amount of mess, least amount of time, and just as good if not better. The type I created for this recipe are air fryer buffalo wings. Buffalo sauce is one of my favorite’s with wings. It has just the right amount of heat and creaminess.
What makes this the best air fryer chicken wing recipe?
Most wing recipes either have a dry rub or just a sauce for marinating. In this case, I use both a simple dry rub to season the wings and my favorite buffalo sauce for drenching them after they have cooked. I found that this gives these air fryer chicken wings the best flavor.
Some of you may not be as keen on buffalo sauce as much as I am but you can always use the same dry rub seasoning and an alternative marinating sauce. This would work with even your favorite BBQ sauce if that is your preference! I even love using Aji Amarillo sauce for wings. If you aren’t familiar, it is a Peruvian yellow chili pepper sauce. It isn’t that spicy but super flavorful. I often have some in the pantry for my lomo saltado recipe.
I would love to hear what you guys think of my air fryer chicken wing recipe and if you enjoy air fryer buffalo wings as much as I do! Let me in the comments below! Truly if you are looking for a healthier and fantastic chicken wing then this recipe is for you.
Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- 2 lbs Chicken Wings split at the joint, and tips removed
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 tbsp Parika
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp Ground Cumin
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup Buffalo Wing sauce Use your favorite. or Red Hot's hot sauce mixed with melted butter
- Pat dry the wings very well. This first step is crucial or they will not be as crispy.
- Season them with the above seasonings and baking powder. Toss together until they are all well coated with the dry rub.
- Coat the air fryer basket with non stick spray and lay the wings flat. Do not overcrowd the basket. You can do this in two batches instead depending on the size of the air fryer.
- Air fry at 400 F for 20 minutes flipping the wings halfway through.
- Once ready, toss in the buffalo sauce of choice and enjoy warm!