Let me start off by saying that this vegetarian cabbage soup is so delicious! I cannot believe I waited so long to make cabbage soup. What really motivated me was the extra boiled cabbage I had from making stuffed cabbage, malfoof. It worked perfectly for this hearty and flavorful soup.
This is the most adaptable soup as it works fantastic with most vegetables! It is also so healthy and nutritious that you can just enjoy the whole pot on your own if you wish! Many people favor this soup for dieting as it is very low in calories and carbs. This also literally comes together in no time at all. It is great as is and would be just as good with shredded chicken too!
I have never been a soup person. It was never something that I craved or even looked forward to especially growing up. But as an adult, I definitely will enjoy soup much more often especially in cooler weather. It warms you up and is so light on the stomach.
Try this vegetarian cabbage soup and let me know what you think! Here are a few other soup recipes:
Creamy chicken and veggie soup
- 1/2 Green cabbage, thinly sliced I used leftover boiled cabbage from when I made stuffed cabbage.
- 2 Carrots, diced
- 2 Small Potatoes, diced
- 2 Celery Stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups Vegetable broth
- 14 oz Fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Chili paste use tomato paste if you don't like some heat
- 1 Vegetable bouillon cube, crushed
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- In a pot, add the olive oil and saute the garlic and onions until transluscent and fragrnat.
- Then, add the carrots, potatoes, celery, and cabbage. Season generously with salt, pepper, the bouillon cube, the chili paste, turmeric, cumin, and paprika. Give it a quick stir.
- Then, add all of the vegetable broth and bring this to a boil then simmer for about 40 minutes. All the components should be tender! I like to squeeze a little bit of lemon over the top. Enjoy!
This soup was soooo good!! The recipe was so easy and simple to follow, as a fellow soup lover this was a 10/10 in my book, so filling and full of flavor! Deff gonna be making this during Ramadan!
So happy to hear you enjoyed it!
Quoting my husband: “I thought this was a regular vegetable soup but it turned out SO flavorful.” I think your choice of spices elevate this soup to a new level.
This is one recipe for the books!
Yes! it has a little kick that elevates it! Happy it was enjoyed!
I am new to cooking and was afraid this would be tasteless..it turned out amazing! I love how simple it was to make and so yummy!
SO delicious!!! Full of flavor and very filling! Will definitely make again!
Happy to hear!