With Ramadan on its way, a bowl of comforting and nutritious soup is in order. I personally don’t make soups often; it isn’t something I usually crave. That is why you don’t see too many on my blog but I knew I had to venture out of just drinking lentil soup all Ramadan. I present to you this creamy chicken & veggie soup that is so simple, hearty, and full of flavor.
A recipe for this soup in particular has been requested by many of you several times and I know why! It is GOOD and filling. The vegetables I chose have loads of vitamins which will be extremely beneficial especially in Ramadan to break fast with.
Creamy Chicken & Veggie Soup Benefits:
Kale: high in Fiber, Iron, Vitamin C & K
Carrots: High in fiber, Potassium, and Antioxidants
Potatoes: High in Vitamin B6 & C, and Fiber
Mushrooms: High in Protein & Fiber
Chicken Stock: Full of Collagen, Amino Acids, Minerals, Marrow, and Nutrients
Here is another chicken soup recipe you may like: Lemon Rice Chicken Soup
Creamy Chicken & Veggie Soup
- 4 cups Chicken stock
- 1/3 cup Flour or corn starch or more, depending on thickness preferance
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 lb Chicken Breast or tenderloins cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4 Garlic cloves chopped
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 Carrots chopped
- 1 Potato Chopped
- 1 pint Mushrooms sliced
- 3 cups Fresh Kale leaves
- 1 Fresh Lemon's juice
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Butter
- In a pot, add some olive oil. Cook the chicken with the above seasonings for about 5 minutes until lightly browned. Set aside.
- In the same pot, add butter and let it melt. Then, add all the vegetables to the pot except for the kale with salt and pepper. Add the starch. Mix together for 5 minutes to get the veggies to start sweating.
- Add the vegetable stock and the chicken back to the pot. Stir together.
- Add the cream and milk. Stir around. Season with more salt and pepper. Stir around. Let this cook on low heat for about 30 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Add the kale to the soup and the fresh lemon juice. Stir and enjoy!