Here is another quick and easy weeknight meal recipe that I whipped up the other day. Lately, I only have time for making these fast recipes since I started working a month ago. I know many other people are in the same predicament whether its a job or kids or both. Time is always a factor. This recipe right here doesn’t need more than 30 minutes to be on the table for all to enjoy. That is a winner in my books, especially when you taste how delicious it is!
Serving Size: 2-4 people
Total Time: 30 min
1 1lb chicken breast cut into 1/2 inch strips
3 bell peppers sliced
2 onions sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
Salt & Pepper to taste
A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp water
3 tbsp olive oil
- Mix together the ingredients for the marinade.
- Add the chicken and veggies into a large ziplock or a bowl. Add the marinade to it and mix around. Set aside in the fridge for about 15 min.
- Add 1-2 tbsp of olive oil to a nonstick skillet on medium – high heat. Add the chicken and veggies to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Make sure not to overcrowd the pan.
- Cook for about 8 minutes till chicken is cooked through. Stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice. Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve on some corn tortillas with guacamole, sour cream, and cheese.
- We ate ours with an avocado mash and paprika lemon mayo.