Hey friends! I have been on a salad frenzy if you haven’t noticed. First, chicken salad and now potato! This rustic refreshing potato salad is to die for and couldn’t be simpler to put together. I love the lemon with the olive oil and fresh herbs. I actually picked the basil and parsley out of my tiny garden; can’t get fresher than that! The flavors really shine. Make it and you will see what I am talking about! It’s guilt-free, dairy and gluten free and oh so so good!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 people
Approx. 25 red potatoes or yellow small ones
1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/2 a large lemon’s juice (may need more)
1 small red onion finely chopped
3 mashed garlic cloves
1/2-3/4 cup of good quality olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste (generous portion recommended for full flavor)
- Wash the potatoes and place them in a pot. Cover them with water. Salt the water and then bring this to a boil. Once it reaches a boil bring it down to a simmer for 15-20 minutes till the potatoes are fork tender.
- In the meantime, mix the onion with the garlic and lemon juice. Also, salt and pepper this mixture.
- Once cooked, drain the potatoes of its water and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Lay the potatoes on a clean surface and mash each one once with a fork to have a rustic crushed potato look. Add them to a large bowl.
- Add the onion lemon juice mix to the potatoes, then the olive oil and then all the chopped herbs. Give it a good but gentle mix. Salt and pepper generously! Taste as you go. Squeeze some extra lemon juice as well.
- That is all you need for one heck of a guilt-free potato salad!