Once you try this 4 ingredient no-bake chocolate lazy cake; you will crave it all the time. The best part is that it requires little effort to make! Leave the rest in the freezer’s hands then slice and enjoy for a treat whenever you would like. I always have a stash of chocolate lazy cake in my freezer for when I have guests come over last minute. This dessert is really just a perfect combination of creamy chocolate and crisp tea biscuits. I take it a step further by adding coffee which pairs beautifully with chocolate and accentuates the flavor.
Both adults and children love this hassle-free dessert. It has all the flavors and textures desired in a sweet treat. I actually first had this dessert at my childhood friend’s home, Samira. Her mom always kept some in the freezer and I thought it was the most delicious bite! In Syrian, her family would call it Sookseeyeh. I have come to learn that many regions around the world make this chocolate lazy cake. There are so many variations and names for this treat. Some regions add a mixture of nuts or coconut even. I added coffee which isn’t common but works great.
I would love for you to try this delicious no-bake dessert. Let me know what you think below and send me your remakes on my Instagram!
Chocolate Lazy Cake
- 5 1/2 tbsp Cocoa Powder, unsweetened
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 tbsp Coffee in liquid form I use Nescafé (instant coffee)
- 12 oz Tea Biscuits, coarsely crushed
- Mix together the condensed milk, coffee, and cocoa powder together really well.
- To this, add the crushed biscuits and stir together until all the pieces are coated in chocolate.
- Add the mixture to the top of a 9×13 cut of plastic wrap 2 inches away from the edge of the longest side. Shape the mixture into a thick log.
- Then wrap it in the plastic wrap like a log shape. Wrap again with aluminum foil and ensure the shape resembles a thick log.
- Place in the freezer for at least 6 hours then cut with a serrated knife into 1 inch thick slices and enjoy. Keep the rest wrapped and in the freezer to enjoy for weeks to come.