Hey guys! Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday!
So, my brother is in town for a good month on his rotations for pharmacy school, which is awesome because I’ve been missing my family since I moved away. His co workers at the pharmacy requested these cookies and I thought heck, why not share it with all of you!
I don’t know if you guys know this but coffee and chocolate are two peas in a pod!
The flavor profiles work amazingly together. If you love coffee and chocolate then this is the cookie for you without a doubt. It’s gooey and chewy; the perfect cheat treat!
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 stick of unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips or chunks
1 tbsp instant coffee/espresso granules
Pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla flavoring
Coffee Glaze (optional)
3 tbsp coffee of your choice, room temperature (I used French Vanilla)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, mix the granulated sugar and brown sugar with the butter and egg using a rubber spatula till smooth and creamy. You can also use a mixer on medium speed to do the same thing.
- Add the vanilla to this wet mixture as well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Then add the flour, baking soda, salt and instant coffee granules. Stir all together.
- Then mix in the chocolate chips util even throughout the batter.
- Using a 1 1/2 tbsp cookie scooper, scoop the batter and place on a lined baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon mat. Different size scooper will yield different size cookies. This size I found to be perfect!
- Make sure the cookies are 2-3 inches a part so they don’t touch when they spread out during baking.
- Place the pan with the scooped batter into the fridge for 5-7 minutes to cool slightly before baking. This helps the cookies retain their shape and not flatten out when baking.
- Bake for 13 minutes. Take out of the oven and let them cool. This would be the recipe for a basic chocolate chip cookie. Do the next step for a coffee glaze.
- In the meantime, prepare the glaze. Mix the coffee with the powdered sugar very well. Once cookie is slightly cooled, drizzle the coffee glaze on top of the cookies.