Chocolate Chip Cookies
Hey guys! Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday!
So, my brother is in town for a good month on his rotations for pharmacy school, which is awesome because I’ve been missing my family since I moved away. His co workers at the pharmacy requested these cookies and I thought heck, why not share it with all of you!
I don’t know if you guys know this but coffee and chocolate are two peas in a pod!
The flavor profiles work amazingly together. If you love coffee and chocolate then this is the cookie for you without a doubt. It’s gooey and chewy; the perfect cheat treat!
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 stick of unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips or chunks
1 tbsp instant coffee/espresso granules
Pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla flavoring
Coffee Glaze (optional)
3 tbsp coffee of your choice, room temperature (I used French Vanilla)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, mix the granulated sugar and brown sugar with the butter and egg using a rubber spatula till smooth and creamy. You can also use a mixer on medium speed to do the same thing.
- Add the vanilla to this wet mixture as well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Then add the flour, baking soda, salt and instant coffee granules. Stir all together.
- Then mix in the chocolate chips util even throughout the batter.
- Using a 1 1/2 tbsp cookie scooper, scoop the batter and place on a lined baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon mat. Different size scooper will yield different size cookies. This size I found to be perfect!
- Make sure the cookies are 2-3 inches a part so they don’t touch when they spread out during baking.
- Place the pan with the scooped batter into the fridge for 5-7 minutes to cool slightly before baking. This helps the cookies retain their shape and not flatten out when baking.
- Bake for 13 minutes. Take out of the oven and let them cool. This would be the recipe for a basic chocolate chip cookie. Do the next step for a coffee glaze.
- In the meantime, prepare the glaze. Mix the coffee with the powdered sugar very well. Once cookie is slightly cooled, drizzle the coffee glaze on top of the cookies.
I just made these and they turned out amazing. My kids and husband loved them. I will definitely make them again and I double the batch next time. Thanks for the recipe.
Thank you Laila!
I tried these again, but I wanted to make them healthier for myself as well as my family. I substituted the 1 cup of sugars for 3/4 cup of coconut sugar and for the flour I used 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour and 1/2 cup oat flour and they turned out amazing masha’Allah. Thank you for another amazing recipe it’s definitely a keeper 🤗😊
Thank you for sharing your modifications Laila! So happy they came out great and were enjoyed 🙂
Family approved ! Thank you very much for such a lovely and easy to follow recipe!
These cookies are the best chocolate chip cookies you can ever make. I tried so many recipes, and with a huge family that have lots of people tasting and giving me insight this was my to go to recipe. My sisters and brother always tell me whichever new recipe you are using stick to it. Fufus recipie is by far the best one you can find! Ill never look for a diffrent chocolate chip cookie recipe again! Love it , I have done this recipe over 20 times and each time it worked amazing! Thank you
You are so kind, thanks for the lovely review!
These look amazing!!! Can’t wait to make them.
These chocolate chip cookies are the best.
Made these cookies today and oh em gee!!! They were delicious!!! Kids approved too! The recipe was easy to follow. They came out just right and full of deliciousness! Thank you for sharing your recipes. You are my go-to for recipes and almost everything I have made was spot on and tasted great. Thank you!