Hi everyone! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with delicious food and laughter! My husband and I had a great time with our family. We had traditional Thanksgiving food with a Middle Eastern twist. Also, I heard exciting news! Two of my recipes have been published! Check them out on my Facebook page Fufuinthekitchen! 🙂
These no bake vegan brownies are just as decadent as the fudge chocolate brownies that we usually eat. I actually enjoyed them more! Lately, I have been experimenting with dates. I have always enjoyed eating them; they not only have a great texture and rich flavor without being overly sweet. Believe it or not; I was never a chocolate fan growing up but time has changed! Also, for those who don’t know, chocolate is plant based but a good amount of the chocolate we eat has additives that can make the chocolate not vegan. So, always check the ingredients! This treat turned out better than I anticipated; I honestly couldn’t wait to share the recipe with you all so you can enjoy it as much as my family did! You may never bake brownies again!
Servings: 9 bars
Total Time: approx. 30 min
13 ounces of date paste
1/2 a cup of finely chopped walnuts
1/2 a cup of finely chopped pecans
1/2 a cup of cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
Pinch of cinnamon
1/4 cup almond milk
1/2 cup of dairy free chocolate pieces (semi-sweet preferably)
1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
2 tbsp powdered sugar
2 tbsp corn starch
Pinch of salt
- In a medium size bowl, add all the brownie ingredients and mix thoroughly with hands.
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and place the brownie mix into the pan; spread it out.
- Cover with plastic wrap and using a cup flatten the surface of the mix so it is all even. The plastic wrap will prevent the mix sticking to the cup.
- Place in the fridge while making the icing.
- To make the icing, add the almond milk to a small pot and bring to boil. Lower the heat and then add the chocolate. Stir in the chocolate till completely melted. Take the pot off the heat.
- Add the coconut oil, corn starch, and powdered sugar to the pot. Mix with a wooden spoon then place in the fridge to thicken for about 10 min.
- Take the brownies out; frost them with the icing and cut into 9 pieces. Garnish with chocolate chips and/or nuts!